Tuesday, October 9, 2012

We Work as One Team


I wasn't sure of much when the school year ended on May 31st.  I still knew nothing after a in-service on June 4, except that I was so overwhelmed and no one really knew what I was going to face come August 20th.  So, off I went for my summer vacation thoroughly confused.

The first month of vacation I was with my mom, whether it was here in Dallas, or the 3 1/2 weeks I spent in Florida (I even survived a Topical Storm).  I really didn't think much on what I was going to do, except that I knew what theme I was going to use for my classroom.  At the end of the year, I fell in love with this Owl Theme.  Now, if you know me, I am obsessed with bright colors, so these were not your ordinary owls.  These were Owl-Stars!

Now, my mom asked me if this was a little young for 5th graders.  Since I had taught the upcoming 5th Graders as 4th Graders, I knew it would work fine.  So I had Owl-Stars and from there, I came up with the secondary theme of working together.  I knew then, that the only way the two grade classroom would work, would be if we were one team or class instead of two separate grades.  So, our mantra for the year is:

WE WORK AS ONE TEAM!!
(They are constantly reminding me of this)

Owl-Stars from Trend.com


Shannon Elizabeth Hoff

No comments:

Post a Comment